Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Pirates & my home town




In fort Walton they have a curious festival that involves the landing of
a legedery pirate by the name of Billie Bowlegs. It's great fun; a parade
with booty thrown into the crowd. Families dressed up as pirates. Just another
day in Paradise. On that note I just started a skull & cross bones bikini
halter in alpalca silk (maroon) and cashmere (cream colored) with a crochet
halter skirt done in alpalca silk. I will probably want to end it with lace
since it won't be long enough to suit me. Frogged the skirt made from the
Debbie Bliss DK cotton & managed to save the lace panels (6) for something
else. I completed the skirt, waisted it with elastic and didn't like the
heaviness of it all. I learned a valuable lesson. Don't be too avante garde
about fiber choices.

No comments: